Featured Post

Family Heritage through Recipes

Here you can find a historical representation of our family heritage told through recipes and food.  Our family, as represented by the ...

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Spicy Pimento Cheese

Recipe Name: Spicy Pimento Cheese

Story:
One of my best friend's (CeLee) mom (CeCille) has made this a couple times and to me is the perfect balance of cheese and spice and pimentos.  Can be used a a dip or on sandwiches.

Years you've been making it: Since 2018 (Phelps family recipe for longer)

Author / Creator: CeCille Phelps

Submitted by: Dustin

Ingredients:
A bag of shredded cheese the four cheese Mexican blend.
A small jar of pimentos drained
Diced jalapeƱos with juice(the ones in a jar) you can use fresh but I like to add a splash or two of the juice.
Mayo

Directions:
Mix all together and serve. I like it with Fritos scoops for more of a dip.

Notes:
So like all good recipes this one doesn’t really have exact measurements. Use your judgement.

You can make it when ever. It keeps in the fridge for a few days. I would at least allow it to chill in frig for an hour so the flavors mix.

I go light on mayo because I like a more dry pimento cheese. And add jalapeƱos to however spicy you want.


No comments:

Post a Comment