Featured Post

Family Heritage through Recipes

Here you can find a historical representation of our family heritage told through recipes and food.  Our family, as represented by the ...

Monday, December 25, 2023

Tuna Noodle

 

Recipe Name: Tuna Noodle recipe

Story: As I looked over the year, I tried to think of what recipe became a favorite that I had not done before and decided it was my tuna noodle recipe. It looks way more complex than it should for only four ingredients (really the first two are all that is "necessary", but I add the last two to give it more depth).

Years you've been making it: Since 2022

Submitted by: Kristy

Ingredients: 
  • One 6.7 oz jar of tuna in olive oil with oregano or sun dried tomatoes (I use Tonnino brand)
  • 6 oz spaghetti or linguini (probably any pasta would work)
  • Lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup of grated parmesan (more for serving)

Directions: 
  1. Cook pasta until al denta (according to package). If you have parmeson rind on hand, add it to the water. It makes the pasta a bit "stickier" (I do this for all pasta recipes)
  2. Strain pasta, keeping about 1 cup of pasta water
  3. Put whole jar of tuna and olive oil in bottom of pan, chopping up tuna to bite size
  4. Put pan on low heat, add pasta back in with spritz of lemon juice and about 1/2 cup of parmesan
  5. Stir together adding pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until it all comes together. I usually only use about 1/2 cup of pasta water, then save the rest until after dinner. If there are leftovers, I add the pasta water before storing the pasta - it will help keep the dish from getting too dry.
  6. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment