Featured Post

Family Heritage through Recipes

Here you can find a historical representation of our family heritage told through recipes and food.  Our family, as represented by the ...

Friday, December 25, 2020

Recipes from Enrica Rocca Cooking School

Recipe Name:  Recipes from Enrica Rocca Cooking School

Story:  These are recipes from the cooking school that Julie attended back in 2008.  Kristy found an email from Julie where she had attached the recipes that she had learned.  I had previously pulled out a couple of specific recipes that had memories, but there are so many great recipes in here I felt it warranted posting the attachments for everyone.  A couple of quotes from family members:


"Wow Kristy !

I look forward to reading these more thoroughly.

I think all the recipes Julie, the boys and me cooked are in these two documents.

Love Suzy"


"Hi Kristy,

What a find!

It brings back so many great memories that I had with Julie in Venice!  She was at cooking school and I was at the mosaic school.  One day I took the water taxi to join her and Enrica Rocca …. It was at the end of the cooking day and waiting for me to taste and savor was the risotto with wild mushrooms!  It was heavenly.  And, once home Julie made this recipe often.  Always good.

Also, once home and for several years, Julie made the homemade tomato sauce!  I don’t know how she did it in her small kitchen!  I have a feeling the dogs had a lot to lick up!

Dustin, one of the things Enrica did with Julie was take her to the market and teach/share with her what to look for when buying everything from vegetables, meat, fish, cheese, etc.….

Kristy, thank you so much for sharing.

Love,

Sheila"


Years you've been making it:  Since 2008

Author / Creator:  Enrica Rocca, Julie

Submitted by:  Kristy

Notes:  

See document links below for the many recipes and teachings:

Enrica Rocca Cooking School, Sept 22-25, 2008:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2UZje811CJLSjFDRkhzSG1uODdjMXdkX1pMV1M0YlpuaTcw/view?usp=sharing

Making Cooking More Fun, Final Version:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a67M4LdJn3WCS7cX7pw72ukliquWV1gmYauYq2qqNUE/edit?usp=sharing


No comments:

Post a Comment