Featured Post

Family Heritage through Recipes

Here you can find a historical representation of our family heritage told through recipes and food.  Our family, as represented by the ...

Sunday, December 25, 2022

Salmon Patties



Recipe Name: Salmon Patties

Story: Salmon patties are nutritious and economical.  I am not sure where I learned to make them but I think it came from Chuck or at least his mom.

Author / Creator: Mom / Suzy, but I think some of the information came from the Whittier's family.

Submitted by: Mom / Suzy

Ingredients: 
  • 1 can wild caught salmon (I like this particularly because it has the bones in it which has a high calcium level, but you can also use leftover fresh salmon).
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
  • 2 tsp dill (I prefer fresh but dried can be used)
  • 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard

Directions: 
  1. Mix everything together: How simple and healthy!
  2. Pan fry with a little oil until crispy

Notes: 
I use a sauce that I really like with this:
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbs dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbs dill (fresh is best)
  • dash of Worcestershire sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment